Saturday 13 September 2014

Recently, my parents and I (okay, I admit that I'm not the only child in the family. I got two younger brothers, so technically I'm the oldest haha) went to Bangkok (Thailand) for a 5-day trip. It isn't my first time travelling there, but this time I totally didn't expect it to be a food spree. You could say I ate more than I shop /:

Here's some of the well-known food/delicacies that we ate:


Cha Tu Chak's famous Coconut Ice Cream.
There was quite a variety of toppings to choose from but I decided to go with the corn bits and nata de coco. The unique thing was that the coconut shell served as a bowl for the ice cream!


Kanom Buang, known as Thailand's specialty crêpe has different flavours to choose from. I was totally spoiled for choices... The crispy crêpe is filled with rich cream and it's sugar-coated. Highly recommended for all the sweet tooths out there!


On our third day, my dad brought us to a restaurant just a short 10-minute walk down from our hotel. The restaurant had fairy lights twirled around the tree branches of a huge tree. Surrounding it were plants and trees, so it seemed as though we were dining in a garden haha!


The food served for dinner was simply sumptuous. There was the authentic Thai appetiser (left) and a complimentary Pomelo Salad (right).


I requested for a crab that evening, but little did I know that the chilli which was present in the sauce of the dish was that spicy... Then again, what's Thai food without its spiciness?


Thought that these 3 clay models had pretty cool expressions which depicted part of life's expressions, so I decided to snap a shot with them.


My dad and I with the Tuk-Tuk (well, this is not an exactly representative of it but a modern version instead).


If you ever travel to Thailand, be sure to stop by at one of the Black Canyon outlet to sip a cup of coffee. Established in Thailand, every cup of hot coffee comes with complimentary bite-size biscuits and a tiny cup of tea to make your coffee-drinking experience a wholesome one!


On the last day of our vacation, my parents and I decided to be adventurous and try the street-side food. We had the salt-baked fish along with Thailand's famous glass noodles. Here's a picture of a road-side stall.


What's dinner without dessert? Here's the all-time favourite: Mango Sticky Rice.
With fresh slices of mango accompanied with the sticky-chewy glutinous rice and coconut milk, what can possible go wrong?

A short but fun-filled vacation! A holiday is always exciting and something to look forward to when you spend it with your loved ones.
For all those having a break right now, happy holidays (:

0 comments:

Post a Comment