Monday 10 August 2015

This year marks the spectacular jubilee year of the nation 50 years of independence.

It was a short span of four days, but one of the most satisfying and accomplished weekend in the past six months. On the third day after returning from my trip to the neighbouring country, Malaysia, I headed down to watch the National Day Parade (NDP). 




Unfortunately, without balloting for the tickets left my best friend and I standing and anticipating for the finale at the start of the newly-constructed jubilee bridge. The atmosphere was truly patriotic, nine out of ten of the crowd were decked in red and white, patiently withstanding the sweltering hot weather in hopes of celebrating together with the nation on her special day.


All walks of life came together in a celebratory spirit. They carried umbrellas, set up ground mats and tripods all around the perimeter of the Esplanade. Small chatters were heard amongst strangers, many made space for others to merely settle down in a cramped spot. Seeing this scene brought a smile to my face, as it amplified the true Singaporean spirit in each person.


Capturing and looking back at candid moments is one of my favourite things in photography. 
This photograph which was taken showcased the Singapore flag and the togetherness of the nation as we celebrate heaps of milestones our little red dot has accomplished and look forward to the promising future.



Air, water and land  these three elements makes up the composition of the parade layout. 


Countless of hours and practices sacrificed to perfect this stunt was greatly appreciated by the crowd as they whipped out their mobile phones and cameras to seize the moment. I was really amused by the fact that everyone stood in awe of the air formation throughout the entire parade.



The highlight of the parade came in the finale — the fireworks.
My best friend and I were really thankful to be able to grab a good spot to capture the fireworks amidst the skyscrapers and Marina Bay Sands. Above are some of the shots we took.


Finally, as NDP came to a close, I felt a familiar warmth in my heart like how I always do every national day. However, this year is really significant. In remembrance of our late founding Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew, the nation can be who we are today.

I'm thankful to be living in a country in peace and security, another great day to look forward to daily, my family and friends who are always there by my side, and my best(est) friend who has always been with me from the start. With this, I'm truly proud to be a Singaporean.


Next
This is the most recent post.
Previous
Older Post

0 comments:

Post a Comment