Sunday 21 September 2014


It was my grandma's 76th birthday a few days back. This post is basically dedicated to her. Over the years, I have developed a great admiration for my grandmother and she gave me a different perspective on how I viewed the elderly.


Growing old, it isn't easy to find a good friend. This is my grandmother's cousin (left) and my grandmother (right). She was the one that was always there for my grandmother, experiencing laughter, joy and grief with her throughout the years. On days when it was a little tough for grandmother, her cousin would specially make it down to our house just to keep her company.


My grandmother and I. The person who was by my side through my adolescent years and watched me grow up. She taught me how to read and write in English and always made it a point to buy breakfast or lunch home for me whether rain or shine on a normal school day. Would really like to spend some time together with her soon.


This year's birthday celebration was held at home. 


Life not as smooth-sailing for her in the past, but to get to where she is right now, she really came a long way.
Dearest Grandma, seeing the smile on your face everyday really makes brightens my day. Thank you for playing such a huge part in my life. For all that you have done, I'm grateful to have you in my life and I love you (:

0 comments:

Post a Comment